sábado, 22 de mayo de 2010

My favorite animal..EVER!


When I was in 1° grade at school, I have to give a disertation for my classmates about an animal, but chosen by the teacher.
That animal was the chinchilla, and chinchilla is actually my favorite animal.
I have good memories about my school times and I still remember a lot of the disertation, amazing don´t you think? considering that I was 6 years old.
The chinchillas are small nocturnal mammals rodents, native from the Cordillera de los Andes, they live in Bolivia, Perú, and of course Chile. They feed on fruits, plants, insects and seeds. In the wild they live about 10 years, but as pets they reach up the 25 years of age. Females are bigger than males ( maybe that means... females are smarter? jaja).
Chinchillas are one of the animals with the best of coat. But its wonderful silky hair is also the direct cause of his death. It happens that they are searched by the fur industry to turn them into coats, handbags and other accessories. So, in the wild they are in danger, but in reserves, the chinchillas are safe.
In Chile, for example, there is a National Reserve of Chinchillas, sheltered by the Conaf, that ensure the safety and the care of each animal.
In the future, I´ll love to work with chinchillas, maybe in a reserve, saving them from the danger of extinction, educate the people to care the animals, specially ours. Well... to do a lot of things for my favorite animal!


CHINCHILLA´S RULES!

0 comentarios: